CAT 980xe loader Serial number XE300477 Had a customer call for a check engine light on. Code number 3385-13. Unfortunately my offline SIS does not cover the next gen machines. If anyone (hopefully @Nige ) could assist with the trouble shooting it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
It refers to the EGR Intake Pressure Sensor being out of calibration. See the attached but I'm not entirely sure how you're supposed to test it.
Usually is an indicator that something in that system is plugged with soot. I’ve usually found the ports in the Venturi manifold plugged.
Thank you nige and ahart. I will advise what I find when I get to the job site.
Finally got out to that job site today. Scanned the machine and the code was inactive. Monitored key on engine off intake EGR pressure. Found the pressure fluctuating. Removed the sensor and cleaned. No major carbon built up but some. Reinstalled and found pressure reading steady zero. I removed the EGR differential pressure sensor as well and confirmed the ports in the venturi were free and clean. Ordered a new EGR intake sensor to play it safe.