Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 980XE ISSUE WITH WEIGHER

Jdstr · 2025-03-05 15:26

Does anyone know how to get the 0.0 back on the weigher screen see image attached it just shows *** in the bucket.

Replies5
  1. #1Nige2025-03-05 15:37

    I think you may have to look in the Diagnostic Menu. There may be an electronic malfunction that is causing the weigher not to read. Also please post a Serial Number to assist in looking up technical information.

  2. #2Cmark2025-03-05 16:43

    I think it's just waiting for you to complete a weigh cycle. Have a look at this. I don't believe you need a Cat account. Cat® Monitor Simulator monitor-simulator.cat.com

  3. #3Jdstr2025-03-05 17:39

    Thanks for the reply guys. I will have a go tomorrow. Normally once the bucket is zeroed it would just show 0.0 and then when picking up a bucket it will register the weight and when loading it will go down when the load is being put onto the truck. Once bucket is empty it would go back to 0.0 but it’s just shows ***. I’ve also had it where it’s not added the 3rd bucket on the truck. Ps that simulator thing is awesome.

  4. #4Nige2025-03-05 18:16

    Is the Operation & Maintenance Manual missing from the pocket behind the seat.? There ought to be a section in it regarding the Payload system. Not sure how much use it might be though....

  5. #5Cmark2025-03-05 23:45

    Yes, it's pretty good. Doesn't have every option enabled but most of it it there.