I have heard that a 983 is basically a D8H with a loader. do they use the same engine, trany and final drives Doug
For a start the engine on a 983 is a D343 compared to the D342 in the D8H so that's a no. Transmissions are different and I would assume that the final drives would be also.
There was 2 types of F/Drive gears (revision) also but nothing D8H/K but the master key is the same I think? tctractors p,s, the 983 = D8H thing is a fantasy icon from the past, the Komatsu 155S was a big old beast that made the 983 look like a 931 fact.
That brought back some memories. I'd guess the 155s has got a good 8 ton advantage over the 983. You can't ever claim to have caused pollution until you've cold-started an S6D155. One hand on the key, one hand on the decompressor, one boot on the decelerator and one boot on the priming pump. Lol.
Kommie is a real beast. Anyone have comparison specs against a 983?
pict's we need pict's
Well, RitchieSpecs 983 lists it at 275hp, 71650lbs. And for the RitchieSpecs D155s , it comes in at 350hp, 92150lbs. So just a wee bit bigger. Andrew Edit: Tried searching for a side-by-side pic of them, but haven't found anything yet...
What about the big Allis track loader? Fl30?
Thanks for that Andrew. Remember the brochures as a kid but never realized how much bigger it was.
Not finding too much on the FL30. It was pretty rare. I did find a thread here on HEF that mentioned the FL20 ( ). 235HP, 52340lbs. So the HP of the FL30 would likely line up, but the weight would have to make one heck of a jump! Andrew