Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT Air Seat Compressor

JS430 ยท 2025-09-14 12:07

Has anyone removed the seat compressor on a D5N or similar setup? I don't have help to remove the seat and don't want to break the compressor bracket taking it out.

Replies2
  1. #1heymccall2025-09-14 12:22
  2. #2JS4302025-09-14 15:36

    After I posted I went back out with a better flashlight and figured out how to remove the compressor without taking off the cushions (Don't recommend doing it that way though). The motor would run but wouldn't build pressure. Ended up being the cam that connects the rod to the motor had a loose set screw. The screw was tight enough to turn the cam but once it got a little pressure built it started slipping. Tightened set screw and all is good. Wish I had seen above post before I tackled it. Dang thing was hard to get at.