Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat AP1055F ….repair record.

Vetech63 ยท 2021-11-30 18:12

The paving super called me today and wanted me to order him a new manual shoe screw. He said it was bent but I decided to go look before I start ordering anything. This is the right side extension pull all the way in........looks nice and straight. No problem here.........but he complained about the left side......... This one is bent, so the shoe adjustment will not slide due to the shoe adjustment frame being bound up within the bend. Well right there is where it was struck and of course NO ONE knows how it happened. Now I have to attempt to straighten this and make it work again. Brand new machine with 288 hours LOL

Replies5
  1. #1BigWrench552021-11-30 18:17

    Sounds to me that you got hired whether you like it or not.

  2. #2Vetech632021-12-07 18:30

    I had a company attempt to straighten this arm out, but they just couldn't get it to where it needed to be. I have a new replacement coming that should be here Thursday.

  3. #3Nige2021-12-08 15:04

    Life for maintenance would be so much easier if they fired all the operators...........

  4. #4Vetech632021-12-08 20:07

    Couldn't agree more my friend!

  5. #5Vetech632021-12-12 08:45

    Got this finished yesterday. This pic is of the arm mounted but not everything is strung or bolted. I also noticed I had recorded the hours wrong.............it's at 208.1