Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat ARO to topcon

Makoman254 ยท 2024-12-08 15:20

Hello all, Having issues figuring out the worm hole of gps. I just bought a 2012 d6n with the cat/trimble wiring in it. I am a lot more familiar on the topcon side of gps vs trimble hardware. My question is will a topcon 3D-mc2, run the factory valve on a cat 2012 cat d6n in which I assume the auto valve that is on the machine is Trimble. Thank you Ron

Replies3
  1. #1CM19952024-12-08 15:45

    Not sure. We run Trimble on a D3 and 325. I know it's an obvious answer but have you called your Topcon dealer? Our local Cat dealer had a tech demo a couple of weeks ago featuring Topcon and Trimble systems so you might want to reach out to your Cat dealer as well. Up until recently Trimble and Sitech were the only Cat dealer associated option. Keep us informed.

  2. #2Makoman2542024-12-08 19:38

    I will, I am hoping to buy a tested used set up. Markup on this stuff is crazy!

  3. #3KSSS2024-12-10 09:15

    Yea it seems the mark up on this stuff is around 30%.