Anyone know if there is an adapter that would connect a CAT electrical connector on a CAT stump grinder so it could be used with a Bobcat? The Bobcat electrical connection is much smaller. I know I had a Bobcat that had both sizes but it was custom ordered. Not sure if they would even be compatible. Any thoughts?
I have the exact oposite. I have a bobcat stump grinder and a cat 287 I couldnt find any adaptors so I ended up with a pair of wire cutters and some trial and era. I got everything to work except the in and out functions
skidsteerstuff advertises a control box for making a bobcat branded attachment (like the stump grinder) work for any machine. if someone local to the usofa acquires one please let me know if it works. bobcat have available off the shelf a 7 and 14 pin adaptor but i do not know if the 14 pin will work the cat gear. bobcat's 7 pin relies upon canbus and a circuit board on the attachment to decode the canbus which is why it is difficult to get them to work with any other brand. its a good idea in application but propriety solutions are always a pita.
Has anyone been succesful in making their own wiring for any CAT/Bobcat crossovers? I have several bobcat attachments, but I want to use the on my CAT machines. Any info or wire diagrams would be great!
I found this thread purely by accident ............... I was digging thru the BC web site, and on Goggle, to find an archive section on the older BC attachments that used to use the 14 pin connectors .... and not the newer 7pin setup. I am having a problem finding those older attachments, I need to find the hyd manifold part # or equivalent, that was used on their hy-flow 84" soil conditioner that used the 12v coils over the cartridges .... this would enable me to use the 14pin Deutsch connection (old style) and not have to use an ACD on the attachment. If as previously posted there is a conversion box to use new 7pin attachments on an older machine I wanna know about it .... I highly doubt it, but stand to be corrected .....But to use an older attachment with the 12v signals you have buy (from BC) the kit to add an extra 14pin harness and converter ACD to the new machine to translate the signals to the machines new style Joy-sticks ..... I did this and it works awesome .... this now allowed me to buy any attachment from anyone ....Plug-N-Play ...... I wound up having to figure out my own wiring diagram to know which 2 pins did what in the 14pin and match up to the Joystick function buttons. If anyone out there has an older soil conditioner (fully hydraulic) that (1)raised the boggie wheels off of the ground (or depth control) and (2) angles the drum left and right ....(3) activated the drum rotation forwards and reverse that uses a high flow motor (up to 37gpm) please let me know ....I need some numbers so that I can go to the hyd guru's and get the control manifold......... BC is totally out to lunch with the pricing to buy the pieces from the new soil-conditioner ..... eg: 2-wire harnesses,the ACD unit, hyd control module = $3,900.00 before tx's and freight ??????? ...***..... because they think BC 7pin system is the best ....NOT ! ....JMHO.....GK