Hello Cat 259b machine, Having some issues with the key switch and can’t for the life of my figure out how to remove the front panel on the top left to replace ignition switch. Also want to replace the quick detach button while it’s off Screws seem to be in from behind where it’s basically touching the rops. I’m stumped and machine won’t start. Anyone know the trick??
Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same issue.
Post a Serial Number. I can take a look how the panel comes off.
CAT0252BLSCP00776
Don't you remove all the #15 screws along the top/ side of the cab? Then tilt assembly down and split panel behind key switch?
If I pry #6 back I can see the heads of those screws but I cannot get to them. It feels like #6 is being held on to the cab framework somehow.
Like HMC everything I have shows that the screws fixing the two halves of the panel come in from the back side. I'm sure I saw somewhere (damned if I can find it now though) where it stated that the complete panel assembly was clipped to the cab and had to be prised off starting at the rear end and working forwards. Caveat: There may be some fixing screws hidden behind switches or similar. It might pay you to pull the switches out first and take a look. Once the panel is away from the cab the screws #15 become accessible and the two halves can be separated.
I dont have access to mine right now, but, I recall removing screws on the cab outside, not clips. I think mine is on 5th hour meter. Scratch that. Pull out switches and remove screws, I think, like said above.
Thanks for all your help guys! In the above exploded views heymccall provided, they do not show the screws that hold parts #6 and #2 in place. There are two torx head screws holding #6 to the roof/cab in the general location of the top red arrow, and three torx head screws behind the headlight that hold #2 in place. All 5 of these screw must be removed to gain access to the screws #15 that hold the assembly together.
Thanks for the update. Duly noted for when the question comes up again, which it undoubtedly will. EDIT: If you can post some photos showing the screw locations that would be even better.
We had to remove the window to access #6 and #2.
there nasty to get out but can be done by opening the ft window if your doing the rh console I think there are 3 screws to take out on the ft outside of machine accessible with the door opened
That was what I seem to recall now. Front door opened up and some screws from the front helped to get at it. Simon C