Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT B277 loss of power

Mitch O ยท 2014-02-10 11:45

Machine starts right up and everything works. Notice that it gradually loses power. The more I increase the throttle the less power and rpm I get. Cold be fuel filter??

Replies6
  1. #1Nige2014-02-10 11:51

    That's the first place I'd be looking.

  2. #2Mitch O2014-02-10 11:54

    Thanks, will get one from the dealer today.

  3. #3Nige2014-02-10 11:59

    When you change the filter there is a priming procedure using the electric priming pump for the new filter (you install it dry). It will be in your Operator Manual.

  4. #4Mitch O2014-02-10 12:00

    I'll review the procedure. Again thanks.

  5. #52772014-02-10 14:15

    Me too!

  6. #6John DiMartino2014-02-10 22:31

    My 246 goes thru fuel filters pretty fast..I change both every year and I only put about 50 hrs a year on..I also installed a pre filter ahead of the 30 micron filter...previous owner apparently didn't feel keeping crap out of the fuel tank was a priority..