Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat backhoe bucket on Case backhoe

JBrady ยท 2019-06-05 11:48

Been looking for a 12" bucket for a my Case for a while now and found a 12" Cat bucket that is local. I know some modifications will be involved, has anyone done this? The front pin dimensions are correct, but the cat bucket is 8 1/2" between rear ears and my case is 5 1/4". Would that extra space be okay to leave as is, or should I get get spacer bushing to weld in there? I also measured the pins, and they are slightly different, I believe the cat pins are larger so I'd probably have to rebush the bucket.

Replies2
  1. #1Bls repair2019-06-05 18:53

    This works for me

  2. #2Tinkerer2019-06-10 08:16

    Make a couple of spacers out of steel pipe. No need to weld then in. I have done it and they worked quite well.