Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat Battery Key

stars&bars44 ยท 2019-12-26 20:47

Does anyone know when Caterpillar started using that 2 prong battery key on its track type tractors?

Replies8
  1. #1heymccall2019-12-26 21:20

    Long before they built my 943 track loader in 1988. It fits all of these

  2. #2Steve Frazier2019-12-26 21:24

    Probably about the time the second machine was manufactured!!

  3. #3stars&bars442019-12-26 21:41

    Oldest tractor we had was an early 70s D7F that had them. Buddy had a D7E that had one, and a D7 3T but I don't know if it had one.

  4. #4heymccall2019-12-26 21:45

    Excerpt from above

  5. #5Steve Frazier2019-12-26 21:49

    I only go back to the early 60s, ran both a 950 and 966 loader from that period that had that key.

  6. #6catman132019-12-26 22:54

    why change what works,

  7. #7Ronsii2019-12-27 00:31

    Because some college engineer figured out a *better* thing that should work...

  8. #8grandpa2019-12-30 18:32

    1962 is the first year I remember, but not meaning it could have been a year or two earlier.