Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat brand oil

nowing75 · 2017-01-11 20:06

I have been using the cat brand 15 W 40 in our equipment but recently the supplier has changed in the company I currently get it from will not be able to supply me anymore. how many guys use the cat oil I have not priced it lately but told difference is pretty substantial and I found out several other companies have quit using it and started using National brand.thanks for the info Jason

Replies8
  1. #1Landclearer2017-01-13 16:52

    We use Mobil Delvac. I believe Mobil makes Cat oil.

  2. #2nowing752017-01-14 18:07

    Yes that's what I understand also.

  3. #3RBMcCloskey2017-01-14 18:41

    I suggest D-A Lubricants, I have used it for 40 years with NO problems and very completive pricing. http://www.dalube.com/index.html D-A Lubricant Company, Inc., 801 Edwards Drive, Lebanon, IN 46052 Phone: 317-923-5321 • Fax: 765-482-3065

  4. #4Brodiesel2017-01-14 18:43

    Good to know, theres a DA dealer next to my shop and I have always been curious.

  5. #5RBMcCloskey2017-01-14 18:46

    EXCELLENT products and their service department is top shelf.

  6. #6John C.2017-01-15 11:59

    I think Cat got out of the oil business a few years ago. Really didn't make sense to me that they ever got into it in the first place.

  7. #7nowing752017-01-15 13:41

    Da is aboug 2 minutes away from our shop. I get some stuff from them. Looks like most people are not using cat oil.

  8. #8blitz1382017-01-23 13:37

    Cat did not get out of the oil business. They certainly have a partnership with Mobil. DA is decent from what I've seen