Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat c304 started jerking shut off now no hydraulics work.

deaddrummer ยท 2024-12-12 16:47

I need advice. It made some weird sounds. Screeching and was jerking and I shut it down. The next morning I fired it up and the hydraulics are dead.

Replies8
  1. #1Nige2024-12-12 18:50

    Broken coupling between the engine and the implement pump .? Post a Serial Number.

  2. #2deaddrummer2024-12-12 19:54

    I just looked under it and fluid is pouring out from both holes in the of the frame between the tracks!

  3. #3deaddrummer2024-12-12 20:12

    Ok, so I put 5 gallons of fluid in and everything worked for a minute then I saw the leak underneath. I'm hoping since it all worked that that's all it is. I'll take the plate off the bottom in the morning.

  4. #4deaddrummer2024-12-13 16:07

    Looks like just a busted fitting

  5. #5SLK0012024-12-13 17:10

    With that milky looking hydraulic fluid, it looks like you have more issues than just a broken fitting.

  6. #6deaddrummer2025-01-03 00:12

    I have to get this thing loaded. Does anyone know how to release the final drive to get it rolling?

  7. #7deaddrummer2025-01-03 00:14

    I don't understand why it's milky I've had busted lines and never I've never seen any milky fluid. Above that fitting somewhere it's really leaking bad. I can't reach it or see it clearly.

  8. #8Chrisso2025-01-05 17:06

    Without a serial number we can't see it either. There are about 20 different 304 models built from early 2000's to current.