I have a 930H Cat Loader with the C6.6, I just changed all six injectors. I get a tick sound now once engine is warmed up. I added a video of it running smooth when cold and a video of when the tick appears when warm. I don’t think it is a valve issue as it only appears when warm. Cold running Smooth Tick when warm
Camshaft-related maybe.? What do the tappet adjusting screw projections look like.? Are they all pretty much identical .? I suppose there is a possibility that a valve could be sticking when the engine warms up.
Sounds like an exhaust valve is a little loose. Did you adjust valves when completely cold?
I was thinking a valve sticking, just weird to me that it only does it when warm?
I have adjusted valves multiple times cold and warm. When cold, parked in 50 degree shop, machine runs smooth for over 5 minutes then this noise appears.
You will have to sacrifice a feeler blade or two in order to do it but try checking the valve clearances with the engine hot and running at Low Idle.
The tick only happened after the injectors were changed? Or was it there before?
I guess you have access to ET if you've programmed the trim files? A cylinder cutout test may give you some direction.
Just happen after injectors.
Yes I had Cat out to program trim files and Cylinder cutout test did not change anything
Soooo. When cat came out, was the engine hot making the ticking sound? And cutting out each cylinder did not make the ticking sound less? You can run the test the way the dealer teaches you and it runs thru each cylinder for a few seconds, or you can toggle the cylinders individually. I suggest raising the idle higher, and cutting out each cylinder. You can also cut out more than one at a time. This will really help you narrow it down. If not and you still have your cores, you can swap them one by one. It seems that the problem has to be from either the adjustment is wrong (I know you checked multiple times) or you have a faulty injector.
Wonder if you have a broken valve spring?