Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat C7 swap

mr hatt ยท 2021-06-15 11:32

I've got a 2008 f650 cat with a c7 Acert serial# C7S01274 It's going to be an off-road truck and the engine has so many issues (turbo, dpf, ard, injector cups, main bearings, etc) that i am going to buy a running take out for it. The truck is a six speed with juice brakes. Does anybody know what engines I can swap with this? I was wanting to go with an older c7 pre dpf and ard, but i just see people referencing WAX and KAL engine codes. I don't see any of those codes associated with this engine. If somebody has some input I would appreciate it.

Replies1
  1. #1Birken Vogt2021-06-16 09:36

    I don't understand what you mean, "i just see people referencing WAX and KAL engine codes. I don't see any of those codes associated with this engine." I don't know anything about WAX but KAL, IIRC was just a pretty standard C7 where the air and fuel went in, and exhaust went out. They still broke expensively, though. Who knows what it would be like trying to interface the older engine with the newer chassis.