Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat C9 injectors ticking on ignition on

nickym007 ยท 2015-02-25 15:40

Any help appreciated, I'm just done a Cat C9, initially Finning attended the machine as it was 250 mile away. They first diagnosed 2 injectors was failing thus causing the mis-fire, they attended a couple days later to fit the injectors, when they took the rocker cover off they found the valve bridge was off laid in the cover, they continued to fit the two injectors although the bridge was off due to the failure of the cam follower & camshaft on that cylinder. The machine was brought back home. I done the new camshaft, followers, and head. The engine sounds and runs ok, but there is clicking from the injectors when you turn the ign key on? I have heard them clicking before, and I work on a few Cat C9's, I didn't run the machine before I stripped it, and ideas?

Replies6
  1. #1nickym0072015-02-25 15:47

    Have not heard them ticking before

  2. #2Per Eriksson2015-02-26 16:17

    The ecm clicks them as a test at power up, perfectly normal.

  3. #3nickym0072015-02-26 16:35

    Thanks for that, machine running fine, just never heard them before, Here in the UK the dealer wont sell the CAT ET software, any idea where I can purchase it and the CAN Adapter?

  4. #4pajibson2015-02-26 16:59

    CAN adapters can be had on eBay or Amazon under many different names. I have both a "Dearborn" and a "Nexiq" adapter. http://www.amazon.com/Nexiq-Vehicle...&ie=UTF8&qid=1424987740&sr=1-1&keywords=nexiq http://www.ebay.com/itm/DG-Technolo...911?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d2a04940f .

  5. #5Per Eriksson2015-02-27 16:14

    A "friend" of mine bought a commadapter and et software kit on www.aliexpress.com and also tried it on a few different machines as new as 2014 and it worked exactly as the genuine product, could perform anything that didn't need factory password. Was something like 200 Usd

  6. #6MJHeavy2015-02-27 19:02

    If you have a CAT comm adapter 3 I can help you get ET.