Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

cat cb214e dual drum roller issue

KatoK · 2019-06-10 12:58

Having an issue with our roller. It seems as though it won't come out of the parking brake. When the parking brake button is pulled up ( released) it is refusing to move forward or back. I can see the parking brake light is working as designed as i can see it go on/off as i release the brake, but the roller wont move. Anyone have any tips. Tried to find the manuals online but wasn't able to.

Replies11
  1. #1heymccall2019-06-10 13:02

    Mine has a seat sensor, too. Worth checking/ bypassing.

  2. #2KatoK2019-06-10 14:00

    i don't think this machine has that..i have seen it move when not sitting onit...This problem did happen before a few times, but would start working magically after a little while. Not so lucky this time around.

  3. #3Vetech632019-06-10 14:23

    Some park brake systems also have a solenoid valve that prevents swash plate control pressure when the park brake is engaged. I see those mostly on the Ingersol Rand rollers so I am not sure if yours has that feature. A wiring schematic could be of great help in determining your problem.

  4. #4heymccall2019-06-10 15:54

    My cb224c did not have a seat sensor, but, it was capable. The harness ran along side the spray tank under the seat, and had a jumper (dummy) plug instead of a seat sensor. That "unused" harness rubbed through and gave the same symptoms. And that was 2 model generations before yours.

  5. #5KatoK2019-06-10 16:20

    Just had a mechanic look at it..he thinks it is the parking brake solenoid. will replace that and hope for the best.

  6. #6PEPCAT2023-03-13 15:52

    I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY CB-214E START BUT WONT MOVE I REPLACE THE SOLENOID AND THE VALVE AND STILL THE SAME IF ANY HAVE SOME IDEA

  7. #7PEPCAT2023-03-14 12:43

    HELLO KATOK I WONDER IF YOU FOUND THE PROBLEM ON YOUR ROLLER

  8. #8PEPCAT2023-06-12 11:46

    I FOUND THE PROBLEM IT WAS ON THE OUTER LINE ON THE PUMP THERE IS A FIFTING TO BRAKE RELESE THAT WAS CLOGGE

  9. #9JavierB2024-04-01 18:54

    I’m having the same problem as well. Can’t find the issue with it.

  10. #10JavierB2024-04-01 18:55

    I have checked Electrical coils, vowels, relays, fuses, solenoids, and I’m running out of options. If anybody can tell me what it can be will be a great help. Thanks.

  11. #11JavierB2024-04-02 13:55

    In having the same problem but I can not find the issue I have tried everything