S/n: CATCB24BE42000261 I have put a mechanical guage in where the oil pressure is read and nothing. It will only run for maybe 30 seconds. But the engine sounds completely fine and no blowby really at all. It has 3,000hrs maybe a hair more. I was wondering if there were any like relief valves or something that would kill all oil pressure before i take the motor out and have a look at the pump. I have 0 literature on this so any advice is appreciated.
I greatly appreciate that, thank you. Just not completely sure of oil pumps location. Is it inside front timing cover. I think its a cover from crankshaft up to the side. The relief valve seems to be operational it has good spring. I cleaned and was about to put it back.
Big thank you! I appreciate that info. @heymccall
Do I need to put motor cyl1 TDC compression stroke? Or just make sure i witness mark and she stays in same position?
So I have that front cover off and the gear that drives the oil pump is pretty well stuck in the cover and i cant even spin it or anything. The breakdowns you have provided always show it being on the engine. Is this potentially part of my problem perhaps? It seems like there should be a smal piece that emgages the gear to the pump but im not seeing anything. I do think something fell out of bottom of the cover when taking off but i have yet to find it. Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated. @heymccall
That gear is stuck in the cover i haven’t tried getting it off.
Ok i removed the old gear from the cover, that is fine. Any tips or recommendations on how to remove the part of the pump that is attached to the block. I was hoping i didnt have to remove that backing plate because i dont have the gasket for the back side, only for the front side.
Also, they completely redesigned the oil pump so that what had happened to ours really cant happen again. The pins that engage the pump to the gear that spins it sheared off leaving it without any oil pressure. Now its got teeth cut into the inside of the gear and the outside of the pump that keep it engaged no matter what. Pictured: old pump and gear on left, new one on right.
I cant get the fuel to prime. Its all back together new pump. Cant get injectors to spray. Maybe that banjo bolt that the filter feeds the hp pump.
Is this reconnected?
Yes. Was a little tricky but im positive that is connected. Now the actual pump pieces that the fuel hard line comes out of i twisted one of them trying to break the line free. It literally wont high pressure the fuel.
Ok update. If i do a little cranking then remove the oil fill cap on the front cover. It comes off with a lil suction then, with it off, crank again it will fire instantly and run for seconds then die and crank only but seem like its just about to fire. Put cap back on goes back to normal cranking.
Is the stop solenoid energized during crank and run?
What should it be to run? Energized or not? Very good idea
It's hard to tell from the schematic but it looks like energized to run. The signal for the fuel rack solenoid comes from the ECM using +/- wires similar to a CANBUS. I did come across something that indicated problems with that solenoid sticking. See attached. no Part Number change but anything with a Dat eCode earlier than 2016 (your machine is 2014) is apparently suspect. If you want a copy of the electrical schematic please ask.
The manual throttle on side of front cover controls the throttle i can run it but no response from button throttle control. And when i key off it doesnt turn off and the fan kicks on
Would you like a copy of the schematic.?
Yes please, and i appreciate the info thus far as well.
Check your messages. YHM.
Theres my solenoid. Safe to say thats not helping.
That was it!!! I straightened that rod on the solenoid and she fired immediately. I want to thank Nige and a special thanks to heymccall for all of the valuable information you shared and I wouldn’t have gotten this far without ya.