Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat CC4.0 Roller Network #1 abnormal rate

Anthony93 · 2024-11-11 07:58

65000205 So it runs fine and will vibe low with no issues but when put into high idle and you vibrate it sounds like the hydraulics lock up and throws a 639-9 J1939 network 1 abnormal rate. I’m wondering if this could be caused by a short or the computer is failing

Replies7
  1. #1Anthony932024-11-11 08:01

    Also if you shut it off and restart it everything runs normal again

  2. #2Nige2024-11-11 08:07

    Usual cause is dirt/water getting into a connector somewhere, or maybe even a connector that is not plugged together correctly. Recommended troubleshooting is "CAN Datalink Test". See attached. Do you have an electrical schematic.? You might just need one.

  3. #3Anthony932024-11-11 08:39

    I dont have one and to be honest im not so great at electrical. i will start with what you sent me and go from there. the weird thing is the fuel guage drops for a second then goes back to normal when it throws that code

  4. #4Anthony932024-11-12 08:36

    When i test everything its all normal. Its hard to function the machine and test it all at once because it needs to vibe in order to test whats happening. any other suggestions? I have a hard time thinking its the harness but i could be wrong. it only does it when it vibes

  5. #5Nige2024-11-12 08:44

    Not really, other than to reliably test a CAN network really needs an oscilloscope, something like a Pico Scope . Using an instrument such as the Pico allows you to look at the CAN wave form.

  6. #6mg23612024-11-13 05:18

    Besides cleanliness, when a circuit acts up only when vibrating makes me think there is a loose connection. Has the pin fit of all the connectors been checked.

  7. #7Anthony932024-11-21 17:02

    I unplugged it and to be honest with you I couldn’t tell. Wiring is my best suit.