Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat click box switches

sharkcat ยท 2019-07-30 06:37

I'm in the process of making a click box for a d6r as seen on the forum ,is the mode switch a different type of toggle switch than the other two. I didn't have much luck with the dealer on part no's so I'll try and source them myself .Any info on the switches would be greatly appreciated.

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2019-07-30 07:15

    If you read the click box thread Page 1 Post #4 by Mark250 the Part Number for the Scroll/Clear switches (8D-2676) and the Mode Switch (7N-8009) are both listed. The Mode switch is a double-pole switch. The Scroll/Clear switches are single pole, like the illustration below. I don't know about Oz but I am showing both of those available in the US, maybe not in a dealer store but certainly at one of the central parts Warehouses. I don't have the ability to check availability outside the US. TBH you'd be cheaper buying them at an electrical parts supplier. The switches should be spring-loaded, biased to "open".

  2. #2heymccall2019-07-30 07:41

    Isn't the scroll switch SPST OFF-(ON)? Isn't the clear switch SPDT (ON)-OFF-(ON)? Isn't the mode switch SPDT OFF-ON?

  3. #3Nige2019-07-30 09:30

    The original way of building the box was - Scroll and Clear switches SPST OFF-(ON). Mode Switch SPDR OFF-(ON). Personally I prefer that setup because all the switches return to the OFF position automatically when you release the toggle. However both options will work provided the user understands what they are dealing with.