Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat CS-433C roller. gear oil 75wt, will 80-90 work?

chrisragsdale ยท 2016-06-28 21:16

Hey I just bought a Cat CS-433C vibratory roller. The drum was swapped for a padfoot at some point in case that's relevant info. I'm going through the manual and I see the hubs drum etc call for 75wt oil. Could I just use 80-90 in it? It seems reasonable and I'm in South Texas it never freezes here. Your thoughts? Other things to check for on these machines?

Replies3
  1. #1Cmark2016-06-29 00:36

    What's your serial number? I'm looking at the OMM for a 2TN machine and can see no mention of 75wt oil.

  2. #2chrisragsdale2016-06-29 08:57

    2JM00460 I have a manual that's a military version off ebay. Maybe that's the difference?

  3. #3Nige2016-06-29 13:33

    If you want the correct O&M manual a genuine Cat one will cost you $37 on CD from here ........ https://servicemanualpro.com/?page=Products&searchbox=2JM00460