Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat CS54 C4.4 engine fuel common rail pressure problem?

CATkoreaJISERVICE · 2024-06-20 09:45

Equipment CATcs54 Engine C4.4 Low fuel pressure during high load operation Common rail pressure reference value and 200 PSI variation Common rail pressure value range is high at idle I think the Common Rail pump problem. I ask for your good opinion. See the video 캐터필라 건설기계 중장비 전문 서비스 부품 예방정비 : 네이버 블로그 blog.naver.com If there is a problem with the pump, replace the solenoid valve or the entire pump head Is it possible? https://blog.naver.com/carmanner/223486113438

Replies3
  1. #1ozarkag2024-06-21 19:44

    First step is to verify low pressure, or supply fuel. A pressure/vacuum gage is needed to ensure the common rail pump is not starved for fuel. And yes, should be able to replace solenoid. ( SCV suction control valve or IMV inlet metering valve) same thing.

  2. #2CATkoreaJISERVICE2024-06-21 20:00

    Thank you. I'll check the low pressure fuel pressure

  3. #3Cliffy2024-06-22 01:04

    Check the electric fuel pump as well.