I've got a possible project coming up putting a D2 back together and getting it running. I looked at it eight or so years ago when it was running but it has been sitting and parts have been removed. The left side head of the pony motor and the exhaust manifold has to be found. The steering is apparently stuck as when it was last running it wouldn't steer. I'm looking for a parts manual and any technical info. All info would be appreciated. Thanks, John C.
Looks pretty straight. Missing the usual dent in the rear of the seat tank LOL. Head on over to the ACMOC group, lots of D2 enthusiasts over there. Most original manuals can be found on ebay.
You should check on You Tube and search Squatch253 for a comprehensive tutorial on building a D2.
I'll do that right away. Thanks
that's what i want to find when my 46a goes to a new home in a year or two!
I have a D311 engine manual which the D2 used if you need it, don't know if the pony motor would be different between the D2 and D4? I might know of one off a D4 that might have parts available. There's a D2 parked right up the road from me if you need pics of any parts.
Don said it best. He’s a wealth of knowledge as well as his old man. @old-iron-habit knows them well too.
Check your e-mail, there should be a parts manual there. 5J3501 and up.
D2-D4 pony’s are the same. Got most of my parts from County Line, Tom Tolman. That’s yrs ago early 90,s. Does it have a hood?, looks like a Nice project, solid idlers yes,
I got Gary! Did you scan that manual? I've got you on my Christmas list now.
3-5j D2,s are different than the 4-5u,s, engine is completely different, undercarriage, starting engine are the same
Seems like I saw some pics awhile back and don't remember if it was County Line or Northwest Tractor Parts in Oregon that is going to shut down in the spring. Didn't look like much left.
My friend Google was hiding it. What serial number is this one? If you need anything else let me know.
Which one uses the D311? and what engine does the other one use?
Dale and Corky of County Line are long gone. The yard was cleaned out years ago. I miss being able to stroll through that yard and then stopping over to talk to Orin. I could give the vaguest of descriptions to any of the three of them and they would walk over to a bucket on a shelf and pick up exactly what I needed. Good people!
3j,5j uses the D3400 3 3/4 bore. 4u,5u, uses the D311, 4” bore
The 3J,5J and 4U,5U use the same basic pony motor (short block) but most all the bolt on's are different.
The ad must have been Northwest Tractor in Boring, Or. that I saw was closing..
Thank you all for the information. I'll document what if find and do if I get the project.
The only place that I have used for hard parts on these old tractors that's still around is Phillips Tractor in Gaston Oregon . If you need a phone number I think I have one somewhere . Bob
Thanks, I'll look them up if I get the job.