having shifting issues the truck will only shift into any higher gears then 1st when only going down hill. in automatic and when trying to manually trying to shift gears. but am able to manually shift gears in reverse and they work proper. There is no codes coming up on the TCU. leaning towards a speed sensor but was hoping to get a code of some sort. or does anyone know what kind of rpms the trans is looking for before it wants to shift?
Hi what is your serial number? Are you saying you have reverse gear and first gear only but no upshift? also are you saying the machine will upshift when going down a hill? Have you checked your screens for contamination? have you done any other checks ? electrical .hydraulic etc Any recent work done on the machine?
Does your rpm reed right. It should upshift at 2100 rpm or above. who makes the TCU?
5tn00165 is the serial number. And yes I have reverse just no upshift in forward unless going down hill. Then the truck will shift. I took the screen out and didn't see much for sign of a grenaded trany. I have not done any pressure checks yet. We have just got the truck from the auction and don't know any of its history.
I would be doing a complete check of the transmission now that it has come from auction Mark
Auction?
Ever find your issue Iam having the same problem
no I never did get a chance to look into it further due to a week later I started a new job for another company but I will see if they did figure it out yet.