Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat D364?

Clawed Backster · 2025-12-21 15:42

One for sale on Facebook marketplace in Anderson California for $1,500. Seems to be a V8 with a blower on it. Looks like it would be a good transplant into my old half ton Dodge farm truck . Any of you guys familiar with them? Edit: There is supposed to be a laugh emoji after the half ton pickup comment. Didn't want someone thinking I was serious about that.

Replies10
  1. #1pittsburgh cat man2025-12-21 16:08

    I think you might have to beef up the front springs

  2. #2Clawed Backster2025-12-22 20:02

    I was actually just curious about the engine. When were they made, and how much power did they produce? If I had to venture a guess, I'd say 1940's?

  3. #3Nige2025-12-22 20:25

    I think you mean D346 not D364. Is it an industrial engine or a generator set.? It was also used as a machine engine. Got photos.? D346 is much more recent than 1940s, try 1970s.

  4. #4Clawed Backster2025-12-22 20:29

    I'll see if I can find it again. I just happened to see it on Facebook marketplace, and was curious about it. As for the model, I'm pretty sure that they listed it as D364, but they very well may have listed it wrong.

  5. #5Clawed Backster2025-12-22 20:30

    Log into Facebook Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know. www.facebook.com

  6. #6Clawed Backster2025-12-22 20:32

    Looking at it again, yeah it is listed as a D364.

  7. #7pittsburgh cat man2025-12-22 20:36

    nope d 364 I'm thinking 40s to late 60s 6 inch bore x 9 inch stroke

  8. #8Truck Shop2025-12-22 20:55

    1951 Caterpillar D364 Diesel Electric Set: A Vintage Powerhouse In the ‘30s, Caterpillar entered the diesel electric generator market. Cat assembled the units in house, sourcing the generator heads. www.dieselworldmag.com

  9. #9pittsburgh cat man2025-12-22 21:10
  10. #10Cmark2025-12-22 21:46

    Not really in my wheelhouse but I believe the blower makes it a D375