Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat D3B Dozer hyd lines

Benco ยท 2021-09-15 11:43

I have a 87 Cat D3 Dozer that I took the hyd lines off for the blade to replace them. Now I don't remember how they go back on.and I don't have the old metal lines so I can't trace them. If anyone has the diagram for the hyd lines that tilt angle and lift the blade it would be greatly appreciated

Replies14
  1. #1kshansen2021-09-15 12:03

    Any chance of a full S/N ? Might be able to find something on SIS with more info. Also maybe a couple pictures of the area the hoses come from and go to?

  2. #2AllDodge2021-09-15 12:30

    I've got a D3

  3. #3Benco2021-09-15 13:23

    The serial number is 45v57789 Pin number is 27y04423 Engine # 3204

  4. #4Benco2021-09-15 13:29

    When I get to my shop I can tell you more I know one hyd line I'm having problems with is for the tilt cylinder i don't know where they go to maybe you can look at yous an give me some ideas

  5. #5AllDodge2021-09-15 13:53

    Looks like my D3 is same vintage as yours. I just replaced all the lines not long ago. Took some pics to help me get it back together but think I deleted them. My manual shows basic connections but no pics. Its raining here, so when it stops I can gab the 9/16 and remove some covers to take pics

  6. #6Benco2021-09-15 20:36
  7. #7Benco2021-09-15 20:38

    If you could take some pics that would be great I really appreciate it.

  8. #8AllDodge2021-09-16 10:34

    Lines

  9. #9Benco2021-09-16 20:31

    Thank you for taking the time out your day to take them pics . Did you replace all your metal lines with hyd hoses on the frount if so when you put the covers on did you have any places where they rubbed.

  10. #10AllDodge2021-09-16 20:42

    No, only replace rubber with rubber and metal with metal. Where the tilt go from rubber to metal and back to rubber (the Vee) I added rubber hose around the Vee and Tie wrapped in place

  11. #11Benco2021-09-17 10:33

    Can you tell me where #1 hyd line on the tilt cylinder goes. I'm having problems with that one. I uploaded a pic you sent me so you know which one I'm talking about.

  12. #12AllDodge2021-09-17 11:44

    On the other side there is a fitting for the 2 lines. They are one on top the other. That one goes to the top fitting. the purple 1 in my pic

  13. #13Benco2021-09-17 20:53

    Ok I got it thank you. Now that I changed those lines do I just bleed them 1 at a time?

  14. #14AllDodge2021-09-18 08:22

    They will self bleed. Just run them back n forth a few times