Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat D3B SN 27Y1185 year?

ksliger ยท 2025-07-14 22:03

Greetings, could someone please tell me what year this Cat D3B is? The SN is 27Y1185. I bought it this afternoon. Thanks in advance!

Replies5
  1. #1Old Magnet2025-07-14 23:58

    1981 edition

  2. #2ksliger2025-07-15 00:00

    Thank you!

  3. #3Welder Dave2025-07-16 01:46

    It looks a little rough but how does it run?

  4. #4ksliger2025-07-16 01:54

    The engine runs great. I am not really a fan of the 3204 but this one is tight. She has 5K hours on her. No blowby or smoke. It has sat for around 5 years so there are a lot of little things wrong with it that I'll need to go through but that is the fun part for me. The biggest issue is that it has no brake on the left side and the adjuster won't budge. Interestingly, the right side has plenty of brake and the adjuster on that side works as it should. I'm going to tear into it soon and see if I can figure out what's going on with the left side. Its not steering to the left. I am thinking the hydraulic cylinder for the clutch may just be frozen but the left brake pedal goes all the way to the firewall. So, either it has no brake material left or something wonky is going on in there. I'll let you guys know what I find.

  5. #5Welder Dave2025-07-16 01:59

    Undercarriage looks like it could use some TLC but great that it runs good.