Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat d3c blade links

Funkyfullwidth ยท 2012-09-14 07:57

So I've run into some trouble. I'm working on a 1991 D3C and have to replace all the pins and bearings for the tilt and lift cylinders, the trunion that holds the blade on, and the eyes that mount the c-frame to the frame. The trunion ball i know has to be cut out, and the new one welded in. I have the four bolts that hold the Trunion cover to the blade out. But can't reach the other four bolts that hold the trunion cap. The pin that slides into the c-frame only moves so much before It won't go anymore. The c-frame has a plate welded to it right behind the pin. How does that pin come out? Cut the plate out of the c-frame? Do I have the unbolt the trunion cap in order to remove the blade? Ever say to yourself... What did I get myself into???

Replies0

No replies yet.