Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat D3G Speed Issue

Hunter013 ยท 2023-05-25 08:49

S/N: BYR00403 Machine has a variable speed between 1 and 3. The machine speed seems to have been halved, but everything works perfectly fine. Power, torque and drive are all the same, ground speed is much slower than it used to be. We had it brought back to our shop for me to look at, and then it started to work like normal without me doing anything to it. I'm curious if any others have seen this issue before.

Replies4
  1. #1CM19952023-05-25 09:03

    When was the last time it was calibrated?

  2. #2Tyler d4c2023-05-25 09:17

    Calibration if that don't fix it next step would be checking the speed sensors

  3. #3Hunter0132023-05-25 13:09

    I doubt its ever been calibrated. I tried hooking up ET, but it would just show the ECMs for the last machine I plugged into. I'm assuming something is wrong with the diagnostics on the machine or my ET. I'll try to get ET hooked up and do a calibration.

  4. #4CM19952023-05-25 19:12

    We had the Cat man come out at least twice to calibrate our 2005 D5G. The dozer would slow down travel wise over time. Last time reverse was faster than forward at the same speed setting not under a load. Tech was driving the dozer with the laptop or at least appeared to be. Each time after he was done it ran like a new machine.