Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat D4C transmission fluid

Alejo99 · 2022-08-12 14:05

Hello everyone. I have a Cat D4C Sn 4LS00504. I checked the engine oil and the hydraulic oil which has a sight glass in the back. Is the transmission separate from the hydraulic tank? This dozer is hydrostatic. I’ve looked for any dipsticks under the seat and floor and can not find anything. Thanks

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2022-08-12 14:45

    No it is not. The oil for the hydrostatic transmission is taken from the same hydraulic tank. By the sound of it you don't have an Operation & Maintenance Manual. You could find this extremely useful and it can be downloaded in pdf from a Cat online resource for $49. The manual reference is SEBU7077. Even a paper manual from Cat is only $61, so don't get tempted by a used one like this 25-year-old one from eBay priced at $80........ https://www.ebay.com/itm/202525409309

  2. #2Alejo992022-10-04 07:31

    Hello ! Thank you I got the manual and it helps a lot. Another question I have is what hydraulic oil can I use that replaces the cat hydo oil ?

  3. #3Nige2022-10-04 09:30

    You can use any good quality (major oil company brand) SAE10W hydraulic oil to replace Cat Advanced HYDO 10.