Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat D4D

montman ยท 2016-03-17 12:13

Hi anyone shed any light on year etc on this D4D 60J 54623a/3260/330448v21466a7356 this is what the seller has told me.Thanks.

Replies6
  1. #1Nige2016-03-17 15:14

    It's hard to decipher the data you posted above. Can the seller supply you with a photo of the machine Serial Number plate that you can post here...? 60J is a good S/N prefix for a D4D tractor but "60J 54623" as a S/N comes up as "not found" 48V is a good S/N prefix for a 3304 engine but again trying "48V 21466" as a S/N comes up as "not found" I don't know what else to suggest.

  2. #2montman2016-03-17 15:32

    Hi Nige thanks all i know is they said it gear shift one owner 90% undercarriage 1 hour on rebuilt engine.If you look on the UK ebay site under Caterpillar D4D you can see photos of it.

  3. #3Nige2016-03-17 16:15

    I found a couple of D4Ds listed on eBay UK but nothing with that data included in the item. Post a link to ebay if you can.

  4. #4Rusted2016-03-19 00:46

    60J54623 shows as a French Built D4D 1976 build year, fitted with 48V series 3304 in the book I have.

  5. #5Old Magnet2016-03-19 15:13

    To many digits. the 60J ended production in 1979 with 6008 units built.

  6. #6Rusted2016-03-19 21:40

    You're right; I looked at it as 5462.