Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat D4G Dozer Joystick

Adam1965 ยท 2025-01-04 10:51

Can anyone point me in the right direction to find a used left joystick assembly for a Cat D4G dozer? I checked AliExpress but they had nothing. I have requested quotes from 3 salvage companies but no replies. Thanks!

Replies7
  1. #1AllDodge2025-01-04 11:04

    Most everyone will want the machines serial number. I've called CAT and they have folks which will find salvage items along with new and aftermarket

  2. #2Adam19652025-01-04 20:36

    Thank you for the reply. The machine serial number is CFN00272

  3. #3Nige2025-01-04 20:50

    So for your machine the LH joystick assembly is listed as a 183-3282. That number updates to 219-3323. Either Part Number will work as far as I can see. Maybe with a Part Number your search may be more successful. The same P/N of joystick fits all D3G, D4G, & D5G tractors.

  4. #4Chrisso2025-01-05 22:25

    Then 219-3323 updates to 230-7338. Either three would work in theory. I would call the dealer service dept and ask if there are any safety service bulletins out on your machine regarding that joystick. If so I would ask to confirm with their warranty analyst if Cat would still cover the cost of the repair, being a safety (directional control) concern. No harm in a phone call.

  5. #5Adam19652025-01-06 09:08

    Thank you for your reply. I have been seeing your posts on here for many years and I appreciate finally being the recipient of your knowledge. Hopefully it will lead to finding the replacement I need. Thanks again! Nige, What exactly is part # 174-5968 (it is listed on pg 3 of the PDF you sent)? Is the plastic joystick by itself, part # 183-3282? I am looking for everything shown in the PDF you sent to include the black housing the joystick and other components are attached to. Apparently the housing is not sold separately. Mine is old and disentegrating and will no longer hold the joystick upright and in place. Thank you!

  6. #6Nige2025-01-06 09:42

    The 174-5968 "Control Group Strg & XMSN" (note the word "group") is a higher level. The 183-3282 joystick assembly forms part of 174-5968. See the attachment. If your problem is specifically related to the 183-3282 Jyostick Assembly, or anything that forms part of it, then I suggest you take the advice given above by @Chrisso and call your dealer to ask the question. While the majority of factory programs will have a fixed termination date, safety-related programs do not . Therefore if there is a safety-related program related to that joystick that is still pending to be applied to your machine Serial Number it could be done now at no (or minimal) cost to you. As he pointed out, a phone call costs you nothing.

  7. #7Adam19652025-01-06 13:46

    Thank you for the suggestion. Spoke with my local dealer today but unfortunately no recalls exist for this model. Good thought though....my hunt continues