Looking for a farm dozer to do clean up and dig ponds and use along with a excavator. Looking at a D4G for sale and wondering what problems those that have operated one have experienced with this machine.?
I have a 2004 D5G XL that we bought new. Currently has 5K hours on the clock and here is what I've had to repair/replace - Re-bushed the blade cylinders Re-calibrated the hystat and drive motors - Cat tech came out and plugged up laptop Replaced track pads a couple of times Replaced the thermostat Just replaced the alternator Replaced the park brake switch One thing about the G series dozers is the electrical system needs around 14 volts constantly or it buggers the system. Two weeks ago the machine would run fine and then unexpectedly come to an abrupt stop. It did this several times so I remember Nige saying on the Forum that a drop in voltage can cause all sorts of problems. Checked the voltage 12 volts. Changed the alt. and it's ran like a charm. G's are good little dozers, actually I like them better than a K that I've ran briefly.
Same here, I had one for 6 years with 5500 hours that I bought new. They were great machines, just minor stuff like park brake switch had to be replaced. I like them better than the K's also.