Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat D4H InOp Moving

masterwelder ยท 2025-10-07 19:31

D4H 8PB04349 Parts machine with a bad engine. I need to push onto a lowboy. I have never attempted this before. Will it roll free if in neutral or do I have to remove items from the planetary(s)? Or?

Replies6
  1. #1Tyler d4c2025-10-07 20:37

    Remove the center plate on the final 3 bolts need a 9/16 if i recall correct pull the shafts out then becareful it will be free wheeling

  2. #2Tankie2025-10-12 17:42

    Have you already gotten rid of that D4 ? I may be interested. Mine is 8PB00511 and I'm needing parts.

  3. #3Welder Dave2025-10-13 04:42

    I think it should roll but may have a parking brake that won't release unless it's started.

  4. #4masterwelder2025-10-13 08:51

    I still have it.

  5. #5masterwelder2025-10-13 09:03

    The OMM says to use tool # FT-1973 and FT1854 to release the brakes.

  6. #6Tyler d4c2025-10-13 10:18

    You sure can if you have the stuff to do it and it is safer as you can have someone put the brakes on if it goes crazy. Most just pull the shafts.