I’m not sure on the correct terminology but I am calling it a pivot shaft housing. The housing is cracked. I would like to buy the entire housing and replace it but can not locate one. Any recommendation on where I could buy one ? I can get it welded back together and have it patched but I’m not sure how well that would work. ideas?
Hy , that is quite easy to repair... if u have knowledge in blow torch cutting and welding, like anything in life... Machine shop, and have them build a bearing outer housing from CK45 steel or equivalent, then u cut the cracked one and weld the new in place. it will last forever... CK45 steel comes mild and can be hardened on site by heating and water cooling, wont harden enough to be unable to cut after that, but hardens enough to last the bearing load. Best is always to find a spare second hand part, Good Luck
Ironpeddlers in NC has about 4 D4hs parted out 704 289 8591
HeavyEquipmentForums