Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat d5c engine.

Tyler d4c · 2019-09-11 21:09

Any one have any idea where I can locate a block. Or a short block. All I can find is complete and my core is junk.

Replies16
  1. #102Dmax2019-09-11 22:10

    Is that the Mitsubishi engine? SD6 or something like that?

  2. #2Tyler d4c2019-09-12 15:02

    Its is it's a s6s

  3. #3TD242019-09-12 15:21

    Try: https://partswecan.com/product/cyli...ne-excavator-aftermarket-diesel-engine-parts/ Probably not it, with the DT. a shot.

  4. #4d9gdon2019-09-12 16:21

    If that's the Mitsubishi engine, it should be the same as the D3, D4, and D5 in the G series. We need a machine or engine serial number to help much.

  5. #5Tyler d4c2019-09-12 18:48

    Yes I forgot the serial its 7ps prefix i cant remember the number engine is 5xk prefix

  6. #6Tyler d4c2019-09-12 18:48
  7. #7d9gdon2019-09-12 18:51

    Should be 3046...I have a D4C series III with that engine.

  8. #8Vetech632019-09-12 20:10

    You might pick up a decent used pull out. Have you checked around?

  9. #9Tyler d4c2019-09-12 20:22

    I've been looking called quite a few places seems I may have better luck finding a pit of gold

  10. #10truecountry2019-09-12 22:12

    www.offroadeq.com and also http://hurricanetrucksales.com/ Hurricanetruck sales ask for Junior 304 562 5740 or 304 562 3836 tell junior what you are looking for and if does have it he will find it

  11. #11Cmark2019-09-13 03:23

    Someone on here got one from, I think, a Mitsubishi forklift to concert to Cat spec. I can't remember if the job was a success but I seem to remember an issue with the timing gears. Anyone remember?

  12. #12Dugandan2019-09-13 06:56

    D5C threw a rod. does cat 3046 = mitsubishi s6s? | Heavy Equipment ...HeavyEquipmentForums › ... › Dozers This looks like the one.

  13. #13Tyler d4c2019-09-13 14:13

    I've read though it. Haven't been able to locate a engine tho

  14. #14d9gdon2019-09-13 17:52

    Cat has the bare block available in the warehouse for about $24,000.

  15. #15Tyler d4c2019-09-13 18:23

    That's the complete engine the block is 4500 something. From my research

  16. #16Tyler d4c2019-09-13 19:39