Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat D5G a/c thermostat Ser#WGB00874

Avidoutdoors · 2023-08-31 12:30

Where do i access the hvac case under the seat to replace the a/c thermostat? I have the floor pan out and batteries out, don't see the access location.

Replies7
  1. #1ahart2023-09-01 23:54

    Best I can tell, remove the seat, pull the panel up that’s under the seat, take another panel off that’s under that one and the thermostat should be in there with the blower motor.

  2. #2Avidoutdoors2023-09-08 14:19

    I pulled the seat and it did not have a removable panel, guess i could make my own access. Thanks for the reply.

  3. #3ahart2023-09-08 17:11

    Can you take a picture of what you’ve got?

  4. #4Tyler d4c2023-09-08 17:28

    Early ones didn't have the access panel iirc you pill the cab and take the unit off to repair. Yeah I know but the cabs come off in about a hour and a half

  5. #5ahart2023-09-08 17:56

    I can’t seem to find any cab/air conditioner arrangement numbers that don’t have the cover. According to the machine serial number it has a 233-7958 cab arrangement which uses a 233-7962 air conditioner arrangement which uses a 176-8302 air conditioner gp which has a sub group of 177-4345 that has a 212-1456 cover. Book could be wrong though.

  6. #6Avidoutdoors2023-09-08 17:58

    I will be back on the machine next week

  7. #7Avidoutdoors2023-09-08 17:59

    The hvac box has a cover but the cab does not under the seat