Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat D5g xl keyed power issue

squeak24 ยท 2026-05-23 12:07

I have a cat d5g xl dozer (serial # 00d5gpfdh00620). I have power at the key switch and at the fuse panel for the key, when the key is turned on to power up, I loose power at the key and at the fuse panel. I can take a jumper from the battery to the the fuse panel to the wire that goes to the key switch, and everything works fine. I am somehow loosing power going to the fuse panel. Does anybody have a wiring diagram or can tell me where power comes from to power the fuse panel. Im sure its just a connector somewhere that might be corroded. Thanks.

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2026-05-23 14:38

    Check your message inbox for a schematic.

  2. #2squeak242026-05-23 14:48

    I will give it a look. Thank you

  3. #3squeak242026-05-25 11:08

    Nige, It was the connector under the steps on the left side. There was a broken pin on the connector, thanks for the help.