Hi! I'm doing 1000h service and cant find location for couple of filters my official Cat dealer sold. The machine is Cat D5N LPG 08 AKD01284 I have changed engine oil filter, water/fuel separator, fuel filter, outer cab filtrers x2, inner cab filters x2, engine air filter, hydraulic Filter right rear corner of the cab (inside the hydr.oil tank), big transmission?filter at down left rear of the machine. But still I have 2 new filters left and I cant find a place for them. Another one is near similar than hydraulic return filter, and the other is near similar but shorter tin can like engine oil filter. Both of them are hydraulic/transmission filters. Cat numbers for these "weird" filters 144-6691 132-8876 I have removed the floor of the cab and the bottom cover but still no luck. I have no service manual...:/ Thanks for advices!
Look behind the seat may be a service manual in a box. Perhaps they gave you wrong filters? Bob
144-6691 is for a winch. If your machine does not have one fitted then it's surplus to requirements. 132-8876 is a transmission filter used on some D5N but not on your particular Serial Number. Your machine should use a 225-4118 in the transmission which I assume is the one you mentioned in your OP - "big transmission?filter at down left rear of the machine". If you don't have a manual in the pocket behind the seat they are available in electronic form from Cat or Service Manual Pro for about $50. For your Serial Number AKD01284 the manual reference is SEBU7418. https://catpublications.com/Search or https://servicemanualpro.com/?page=Products&searchbox=AKD01284
Your second one is a power train oil filter and has been superseded by 225-4118. Sounds like you already replaced it First one is power train oil filter for an earlier serial number range (AKD1-662) The filter lists that are used to order service kits aren't always accurate I run into this issue frequently when the filters have been pre-ordered instead of me going through and picking them individually. I'm just glad I work in the shop a hundred feet from the warehouse instead of being on the lube truck 40 miles in the middle of nowhere
I think and hope so. But does anybody know if there is more than one filter for gearbox and one for hydraulic? I can't find more than one for each. There is no manuals etc, but I will buy one.
Thanks everybody, gret forum! So I think I completed the service succesfully. BR Juho