Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat D6 9U Specs ?

kbeen ยท 2015-05-03 22:50

Hello Guys, I am working on an old Cat D6 serial # 9U for a friend and am in need of the engine low idle and high idle specs. hoping someone out there may have them.

Replies11
  1. #1Old Magnet2015-05-04 22:50

    S/N 9U1-16,536 high idle is 1535 rpm 16,537 - up high idle is 1725 rpm Low idle is 550 rpm.

  2. #2kbeen2015-05-05 09:04

    Old Magnet thank you. my serial is 9U23289. I do appreciate it very much.

  3. #3JasonISmith19732015-05-07 03:33

    Hi folks, I am in the process of trying to set up rippers on an old D6 9U. The Dozer came with a hydraulic pump that goes in the back. I am trying to work out whether the pump will work. I am needing to know the RPM of the rear drive? Is it the same as the motor RPM? Thanks

  4. #4Old Magnet2015-05-07 12:39

    On the 9U the PTO is directly driven from the transmission input shaft at motor RPM.

  5. #5JasonISmith19732015-05-07 16:12

    Thanks Old Magnet. You're a legend! The old hydraulic pump is a Cross and we have worked out that it is going to pump about 42 l/min @1700 rpm. I think we are in business.

  6. #6Old Magnet2015-05-07 20:19

    At 11 gal/min that's not a lot of pump but sounds about right for controlling ripper movement. What pressure are you running? Also should be a fair size cylinder or the ripper load can over drive the relief valve setting.

  7. #7kbeen2015-05-09 12:33

    Hello Old Magnet. does your service manual tell you how to gauge the oil level on the front mounted hydraulic tanks? i beleive the parts books says capacites is 7 gallon.

  8. #8Old Magnet2015-05-09 16:04

    If that's a #46 hydraulic control unit the level should be to the top of the strainer in the filler tube...or at least within sight in the screen. Check level at idle speed.

  9. #9kbeen2015-05-09 18:52

    Its a # 44 hydraulic control. but what you are saying I would think would apply to this model as well. thanks again.

  10. #10JasonISmith19732015-05-10 06:47

    I have just measured the ripper ram. It's bore is about 17 1/4 inches long and about 6 1/2 inches outside diameter. When I pulled it apart it had two opposing rubber buckets with two white neoprene spacers between them. I'm not sure what pressure the pump is running. I'll find out what pressure it is running. Hoping to hook it all up next weekend so I'll keep you posted.

  11. #11Old Magnet2015-05-10 16:05

    That's about the same bore size as used on the 6R or #64 tool bar. Runs on 1000 psi hydraulics.