Hi , Currently we are using Shantui SD23 but it is already about 10 yrs old and we think it is time to change as it is defecting too much. We are wondering if we should buy a similar machine ( chinese or something like that) or buy an old CAT D6 as we need a model around 20 tons as I believe that older engines are much more durable than the new ones that have DPF and DOC. I was wondering if you have any good impressions on similar machines so to give me some advice on what should we buy. Boris
CAT D6H,I have one Email: [email protected]
how has the shantui been doing?? how many hours?? I picked up some info at the conexpo looked like a decent machine but wondering about resale value in 6-10 yrs.
8 yrs old . definetly not a machine that you should buy 6-10yrs old . For about 100 K brand new I think 8-10 years is quite the optimum.We had it fully repaired for about 12 000 dollars an year ago but I think we should have just got rid of it.Im not sure about the hours though if you want some more info I can check .
what kind of repair or breakdowns has it had,,,,electrical? sounds like they use decent mechanical parts but i guess that doesnt tell the whole story. Dealers claim they are the largest manufacturer of dozers in the world, but how if they are so troublsome?
of course it is. about 100 K for a new one . d6 xl CAT is about 150 K 5 yrs old. The machine pays off but you cannot expect Shantui to work like CAT or Komatsu .I really get confused when people pay 3 times less the price and expect same quality .