Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat D69U

Un4gvn · 2022-12-05 21:20

I know of a Cat D69U with shuttle shift and hydraulic blade grown up in a pine thicket. Owner says he shut it off right there maybe 20 years ago. Said couldn't keep a starter on it, the starter that is hanging there has had the bolt holes hogged out with a torch!! I can get this thing for about scrap price. Been awhile since I looked at it but I think I remember the undercarriage as being pretty worn. Should I attempt to save this thing? I really think they are nice looking dozers but know nothing about them. If I attempt a rescue do yall think my D4D can get it out of there? It was a hay field there when he parked so no hills or rocks to get around. I'm trying to work a deal for a winch to go on the D4D.

Replies2
  1. #1OzDozer2022-12-05 21:39

    The D4D will have no problem getting the D6 out of its resting place, but it sounds like a money pit. Old tractors with well worn undercarriage are a dime a dozen, and they're worth very little. The D6 9U is a particularly good model of tractor, but one that has been sitting for 20 years in a pine thicket might be a challenge. Most engines are locked up with corrosion after 20 years, especially so if rainwater can get into the engine via the exhaust. Photos are good, we all like photos of abandoned "finds".

  2. #2Un4gvn2022-12-05 22:00

    I will have to cut some trees to even get pics! The motor is not stuck. If the motor was stuck I wouldn't even have thought about it. But I bet everything else is stuck. Maybe if I get it home another will show up with better parts.