Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat D6E fluids

katfish_38 · 2021-08-19 18:16

I'd like to change all the fluids on my recently acquired D6E...without using caterpillar brand fluids. Whats gonna be my best options? I haven't been able to find much about the E's but all the locals say they use the same fluids as the D's

Replies5
  1. #1.RC.2021-08-19 18:23

    They are essentially the same machine as the D's. Few upgrades and more horsepower. (155) So a 15W40 engine oil in engine and hydraulics. If a powershift machine TDTO 30W in the trans and TDTO 50W in the finals. Also why not use Cat oils? We have found they are among the cheapest oils on the market. Last week I priced a 44 (US55) drum of Mobitrans HD30 and it was AU$1200, I went to the Cat dealer and their price for TDTO30 was AU$900.

  2. #2katfish_382021-08-19 18:45
  3. #3katfish_382021-08-19 18:48

    Mostly because of inconvenience...the nearest cat dealer is about an hour away. I haven't checked their prices but typically anything with cat, case, or john deere on it around here is usually about twice the price.

  4. #4Queenslander2021-08-20 02:59

    I think it must be an Australian thing, RC. I’ve also found Cat to be very competitive with oil, along with coolant, batteries and hydraulic hoses.

  5. #5Nige2021-08-20 14:03

    A product from any major oil company. Shell, Mobil, Conoco, etc, etc, that meets the Cat spec of whatever fluid is recommended for each different compartment on your machine. You could probably get and Operation & Maintenance Manual (which includes fluid recommendations) on CD for $49 from https://www.servicemanualpro.com by typing in your Serial Number.