Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat D7E Dozer

conawaylk · 2020-01-26 07:34

Cat D7E dozer serial# 48A8929. All fluids are good. When you throttle it up the motor sounds like it’s under a load, the machine starts to creep forward with it in neutral little smoke coming from under feet, the smell is not motor oil burning I don’t know how to describe the smell. The park brake is off floor paddles fill fine. I don’t know if a brake isn’t releasing. I took back covers off where shaft is hooked to the brake rod and it looks like they are releasing.

Replies4
  1. #1d9gdon2020-01-26 09:37

    Sounds like the shifter linkage is mis-adjusted.

  2. #2fastline2020-01-26 23:27

    Found a vid of that machine and there is something wrong with that engine anyway. It seems to struggle to turn and blowing white smoke. Creeping forward could be a very large concern. You need to ensure the torque converter temp gauge works and the trans pressure gauge. There is a suction screen filter filter between trans and trans pump on right side of machine just above the track and below the operator platform. that is where I would start. Do not let the machine creep. That is not normal and you could have partially engaged clutch frictions which could be smoking, thus the odd smell.

  3. #3conawaylk2020-01-27 07:38

    I’ll check out the screen let u know if that solves the problem.

  4. #4conawaylk2020-01-27 07:43

    Does anybody have a service tech manual for a cat D7E dozer serial# 48A8929