Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT D7G ROPS REMOVIAL

keith-50 ยท 2024-05-24 10:03

I need to remove rops on my cat d7g so I can fit it into my shop,I have already removed sweep on front, all i have to use are two decent side tractors with loaders , I would like an opinion on a safe way to go about it, thank you

Replies5
  1. #1Nige2024-05-24 11:07

    Need a bit more information. Does the tractor have a ROPS cab or is it an open platform.? To look up information a Serial Number would help.

  2. #2keith-502024-05-24 11:16

    92v08493 open rops , no cab only back screen

  3. #3Nige2024-05-24 11:28

    I'm sorry I can't find much information at all, not even how much it weighs. The normal way to work on this type of ROPS is to lift the front and pivot it over to the back side of the tractor while leaving it in place. Obviously this won't work for you because you need to remove it completely. Using two machines, one to lift each side I assume, is a tricky process.

  4. #4Welder Dave2024-05-24 16:27

    Looking at pics. online, it looks like you could lift the ROPS up from both sides and drive the dozer out from under it. Would have to disconnect lights or anything else electric attached to the ROPS. If you can't lift it high enough you'd have to have to remove the front bolts and pivot it backwards. I'd guess it weighs less than 2000lbs. so 2 tractor loaders should haven't have trouble lifting it. Looking at a brochure for a newer (1997) D7G for other markets the ROPS weighs 1720lbs. I'd suspect older models would be a similar weight. See page 4 of the brochure below. https://www.transautomobile.com/pdf/Transautomobile-1476-EY-841900

  5. #5chidog2024-05-24 17:26

    A wood gantry of sorts would do the trick, even one forklift with long enough forks.