Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT D7G series II

JBL ยท 2006-11-21 18:56

I Just noticed that CAT has brought back the D7G. It is kind of interesting to see them bring a flat track model back into the lineup. Was this done to win back customers that don't like the high track design? CAT D7G

Replies5
  1. #1334 lawn co2006-11-21 20:25

    its possible but i like it because it also lowers the overall machine height, not by much, but enough to make transport easier.:yup

  2. #2Tigerotor77W2006-11-22 15:22

    What it takes to set the record straight! The D7G2 is not offered in the US, Canada, Europe, or Japan. Its predecessor (D7G) has been offered in all the developing countries for years; this is merely an upgrade to that product. (By developing countries, I'm not saying the countries aren't good enough for the D7RII, but rather, that it's priced really expensively compared to its competitors in those markets.) I don't know what Cat's plans are for oval-track, but certainly the D7G2 does not represent the machine to bring it "back" or to the US.

  3. #3raolela2011-08-23 09:15

    per my knowledge, the CAT D7G-II is assembled in China, we had some units in the yard before...

  4. #4vapor3002011-08-23 19:53

    I dont understand Why they dont put a Vpat blade on these machines, if they would put a vpat on there D7E and G series they would seel more

  5. #5vapor3002011-08-23 19:55

    Sell, and sorry i didnt read all of this, i thought the G was a new series that was goin to replace the E