The hydraulic oil gets very hot within 30 minutes of running the dozer just by running the machine without touching the joystick. I have no clue what's making it happen.
In before Nige Serial number? Diff steer or not?
The serial number is 08Z40157. Not sure what you mean by diff steer or not?
Diff steer will have a tiller joystick on the left, otherwise you should have indeed clutch/brake levers.
That's the engine. What is the number on the line directly above that on the plate.?
I’m going to guess hydraulic pump not destroking and instead going over relief. Posibble causes are pump compensator or pump servo coming apart. Strat with standby pressure check.
The serial number is X79Z201668 and it steers by clutch breaks. It has a joystick to move the blade up and down and tilt.
A gear pump according to the SysOp.
To the OP. Can you elaborate more on how this situation came about.? Has it got slowly worse over time or did the overheating appear from one day to the next.? What oil are you using in the hydraulic system.? Have you removed the filter yet and cut it open to look for contamination.?
It has gotten worse over time. The filter has been changed found a piece of rubber hose about a quarter inch square in it not much else just been topping up the oil with Fran 32 hydraulic.
Have you ever cut one open and looked inside it.? See this LINK . I know it's an engine oil filter but they all come apart in a similar way.
I haven’t ever cut one open. The one that just got taken off got thrown away now there’s a new one on there so it shouldn’t be clogged up but it’s still overheating the oil same as before.
Thanks for the information I'll try cutting the filter after i run it for a while.
For some reason,I like to leave old filters lying around for a while before bining them
have you checked the pressures yet
where do i check the pressures on this dozer and what's the procedure. pressure and at what RPM's
How do i check the components and where are they located?
See the attachment. Go to Page 10 and start from where it says - "Pressure Tests Of The Main Relief Valve And Pressure Limiter Valve" There are two steps to perform. I would suggest to first measure both pressures and post your result. Do not try adjusting anything at this point.