Folks I have a D8H serial number 46A18325. I am mounting a Werk Brau tile plow on the machine. I need to know if the machine is open or closed center and what the GPM is of the hydraulics to get the correct control valve for GPS grade control on the drainage plow. Any suggestions on where to look up? I am pretty sure these machines were built open center for factory? How do you tell? Also the machine is a scraper tractor and I believe it was factory. Any info is much appreciated. Thanks Jon
Well it will probably be open centre. I can tell you that much.
It's going to be a gear or vane pump which would indicate an open center hydraulic system. Someone should be along shortly with some flow data.
For that machine only the Parts Manual is listed online. The pump is either a 3J-8041 or a 5J-9630. It will need someone with access to a paper service manual to provide pump flow data.
What's the s/n of the Hydraulic control? Should be a number on the tank. They run 70 and 72 GPM in one , two and three valve configurations (open center)
Old Magnet, I will get the S/N off the tank. This machine has 3 valves I do know that.
So I was doing some looking. I was wrong. We bought the machine on auction and I would say somebody added the hydraulic tank and remote valves. I will attach some pictures. The part number on the tag of the hydraulic pump is 3P4002. Anybody know the GPM of that specific pump number?
See attached
thats your transmission pump .Need the pump number under the floor plates. Bob
That's not the Hydraulic Control that is designated for your tractor s/n. Should be a number on the Hydraulic tank, usually on the top of the tank. If not there the actual pump number is required to identify capacity.
Hydraulic pump that is under the floorboard shows number: 9J-5050 I am trying to post another picture
Attached is the specification. This is a 2-section pump, so be careful to use the information for the correct section of the pump.
Nige. Really appreciate it that is exactly what I am looking for. I called Cat dealer two weeks ago and still have not heard back from the service manager.
That's not the correct designated hydraulic control for that s/n tractor. How can you be sure that's the right pump? System looks pieced together to me.