Can any of you tell us about your experience using a 8k or a similar size crawler with the Rome kg plow Production acres per hr a guy told me his d7 and kg around 4 acres a day? 8 to 10 hrs I don't have one yet so far just been using d9h and a Chicot v blade, it is a beast 10 acres a day or more and that's a lot of backing up JUST TOO MUCH risk for trouble with 60 to 80 ft trees for long second gear non stop runs, every now and then there will be areas not so dense with shorter trees other wise its a very thick jungle The trees pine, red oak, popular, what ever Tenn. has its got. They range in size from a dense population of 5 to 15" then a mild blend of 16 to 36" lots of stumps over 36" as it was logged. Call that, they cherry picked the timber I do really like the v blade but it makes a lot of widow makers as it cast to both sides. I did run a 9h not far away that had a kg but it was dull I hit a red oak and all it did was spin me around that site was nothing but stumps no dangerous trees to harm you or your machine.
wow I guess you cant beat a dead horse guess the 8k must have been a odd duck with a kg I have found out from long talks on the phone with others you either love it or hate it its definitely a love hate relationship
There is a fellow on the ACMOC site that goes by Rome/KG. Ask your question to him. He makes a living with a KG blade on a D7. I've seen video of him taking out a huge stump shearing into pieces and leaving no hole and no dirt on the stump pieces. It does not take him long either.
Keeping the edge sharp is the key just like a chain saw . Generally grind the edge 3 times a day . http://www.heavytruckforums.com/showthread.php?263-Some-Holmes-750-action&p=2537&viewfull=1#post2537
I don’t know about using a Rome blade specifically but I run a Savannah blade and a Savannah plow on my D6T LGP and I shear between .75-1.5 acres/hr when I’m stuck shearing and about 2.5-4 acres/hr when I’m plowing.