Does anyone have experience with this Diagnostics tool:? Diagnostic Scanner For Caterpillar Skid Steer Caterpillar Skid Steer diagnostic scanner enables you to read and erase the fault codes that relate to the check engine light on your CAT Skid Steer as well as read vital live engine data www.lawntractorco.com I am swapping / rebuilding injectors which requires the new Code for each injector added to the CAT computer. This might take 5 minutes to do. Quinn CAT wants a minimum 4 hours to do this task which is $872 if I bring them the machine and $1271 if they come out to my property. If I buy a used CAT interface for a laptop it is 300-800$ but the software requires a purchase and a yearly fee. This tool seems like it could be a great investment if it works as advertised. Thanks for your feedback!
Doesn't say anywhere on that link that it is capable of changing injector Trim Codes - just sayin' Also it claims to be able to do tests that aren't even on that machine, such as the EVAP system or O2 sensor testing..... None of that is for diesel engines. Buyer beware is my suggestion. I smell BS.
Yes, I reached out to ask them about that. This is why I am looking to see if anyone has used this product or if it is vapor ware.
If injectors are rebuilt then, apart from at the original manufacturer/agent, they can't be re-coded. Rebuilding any injector will change its characteristics sufficiently for the original Code to no longer be appropriate.
I was thinking that a pro shop would be able to measure and produce new trim codes? I was just guessing though.
I've seen a set of equipment needed to test run injectors and determine Trim Codes, only once mind. It's not the sort of thing you would find in your local fuel injection shop. if the buyer got any change out of $10m I would say they got a good deal. Having said that it was testing many hundreds of injectors every day.
Unfortunately because of EPA, You will need a dealer connect to the machine and change the injector trim files.
Unfortunately that is not correct. Injector Trim File numbers can also be changed using the Customer Version of ET. It does not require the Dealer Version to make the necessary changes.
Several 3rd party tools can do trims codes. Texas, jaltest possibly others. starting price 5 to 6 k. Ask cat if they will give a deal if you buy injectors from them. Shouldn't need 4 hrs to program,
As I understand it the dealer charges a minimum of 4 hours labour whatever the job. I may be wrong. To me that's a rip-off.
I have followed your posts. IMHO you absolutely need Cat ET and SIS. Think about the $$$ you are quoting that the dealer wants for the simplest tasks. A used Toughbook C-31, Cat Comm adapter and the software will pay for itself first lick and have residual value if you ever sell the machine. I am a novice using the software but with it and this forum I am 1000% better off.I have a local resource that set me up and supports his product.
Yes, they charge a minimum of 4 hours for any issues even it it only takes them 10 min.
Ya, that's the decision I am trying to make. I happen to have a toughbook, so that's one thing down. I heard the CAT software requires a one time fee plus yearly to keep it going. What did you spend on the software if you don't mind me asking.
If you really start digging around on the internet there are a ton of places that sell bootleg copies of ET and SIS and usually price includes remote install via TeamViewer or other remote access programs. I have dealt with several different ones over the years for various programs and for the most part they are pretty descent if you consider the fact that when they aren't selling software their other phone line is for selling extended car warranties and verifying your google business.
I would not trust anything from an overseas vendor. PM me. I have a number for the gentleman I use in Alabama. Outstanding product and fantastic support.